ALL APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON A PC.
YOU MAY NOT USE A PHONE OR TABLET
The primary responsibilities of the Cashier position are to maintain helpful customer service, uphold our Mission and Core Values, process sales quickly, accurately, and efficiently; understand and support current sales by engaging the customer, and perform cash register operations. Cashiers are our first and last contact with our customers, and as such are responsible for being polite, friendly, and upholding our customer-first philosophy.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by following the S.A.L.E.S process and mystery shop standards.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Answer phone calls.
- Tactfully and pleasantly deal with customers.
- Understand and support all promotions and advertisements by verbally engaging the customer in the offer.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all cash at registers.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by store management.
- Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card.
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Experience in a retail environment either in cashier, sales, or back office.
- A commitment to service, excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Skills/Knowledge: Ability to process information and/or merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers, MS Word, and Excel a plus.
- Exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting.